How to Diagnose, Treat, and Relieve Shoulder Pain Linked to Bicep Tendonitis
Diagnosing Biceps Tendonitis – What Are the Common Symptoms?
Shoulder pain can encompass any of the following symptoms, all of which deserve their own unique treatment plan for resolution of symptoms:
- Muscle weakness
- Pain when muscles are at rest
- Pain when muscles are being used
- Numbness or tingling
- Swelling or bruising
- Anterior (front) shoulder pain that is often “sharp,” especially with aggravating movements
- Pain with overhead movements (ie throwing)
- Frequent or occasional “clicking” sensation in the shoulder joint
- The presence of a dull ache after any shoulder associated activity
- Difficulty with lifting heavy objects
- Point tenderness over the biceps tendon closer to the shoulder joint
Common Causes of Bicep Tendonitis
At the clinic, we have seen more and more cases of biceps tendonitis in recent months. Put simply, biceps tendonitis is an acute injury sustained from inflammation of the biceps tendon as it attaches to the shoulder joint. This inflammation can occur from a multitude of different things. These factors include but are not limited to:
- A lifetime of normal activities (ie poor posture)
- Repetitive motions (throwers, swimmers, cross-fitters, Olympic lifters, etc)
- Single traumatic injury
- Weak rotator cuff muscles
- Previous shoulder injury
- Rounded shoulder posture
- Slumped seated posture
How to Treat & Prevent Bicep Tendonitis
At Head 2 Toe, we pride ourselves in taking a multi-step approach to resolving our patients’ pain. This multi-step approach combines treatment techniques to increase your range of motion, reduce your pain, and get you to move better so you don’t sustain the same injury again.
- Chiropractic Manipulation - to increase range of motion and reduce pain
- Manual therapy - pin and stretch, active release, cupping, scraping etc to release soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc), which helps in allowing the effects of adjustments to last longer
- Active rehabilitation - icing on the cake! To teach you movement corrections, muscle activation, and ways to move your body better without pain
How to Get Help for Shoulder Pain & Bicep Tendonitis
Maybe you’ve been suffering with shoulder pain for years or maybe its started to creep up recently. At Head 2 Toe you’ll experience our team of expert doctors and clinicians who’ve helped others just like you find last relief. With our unique treatment methodology, you can trust that we’ll get you back to what you love doing fast without the need for excessive treatment plans.
Call us to schedule your appointment today!